Ramadan is a month of spiritual reflection and increased devotion. Many people choose to set personal resolutions or goals for themselves during this time to focus on self-improvement and spiritual growth. It’s important to set realistic and achievable goals for yourself, and to have a plan for how to implement and maintain them throughout the month and beyond.
Setting resolutions during the month of Ramadan can be a powerful way to focus your intentions and make lasting positive changes in your life.
Here are some suggestions for Ramadan resolutions that you may want to include:
- Increasing your spiritual practice: This could include reading the Quran more regularly, making more dua, or attending masjid talks/dhikr recitations etc
- Improving your physical health: Ramadan is a time when Muslims fast during the daylight hours. Some people may choose to use this time to improve their physical health by eating healthier foods and incorporating physical activity into their day.
- Building stronger relationships: A time for reflection, forgiveness, and reconciliation – Ramadan is the optimal time to build stronger relationships with family and friends by reaching out to those you haven’t spoken to in a while, or making an effort to spend more quality time with loved ones. Invite loved ones over for Iftar – what better way to strengthen the bonds.
- Giving back to the community: Ramadan is a time of charity and generosity. Consider setting a resolution to volunteer more regularly or to donate to a cause that is important to you. And this is a resolution we can definitely help with!
- Improving your mental health: Ramadan can be a stressful time for some people. Consider setting a resolution to take care of your mental health by practicing mindfulness, seeking therapy, or journaling regularly.
- Stay committed to Ramadan resolutions even after the month has ended: Try and hold on to the good habits adopted during Ramadan – even if you continue with one or two of them – you can consider it a Ramadan well spent.
Setting resolutions in Ramadan is an excellent way to make the most of this holy month and to improve oneself spiritually, mentally, and physically. It is important to set specific, measurable, and achievable goals that align with the values and principles of Islam. It is also important to regularly reflect on one’s progress and make adjustments as necessary. By setting and following through with Ramadan resolutions, one can gain a deeper sense of purpose and fulfilment during this sacred time.
Remember that setting a resolution is just the first step. It is important to have a plan in place to achieve your goals and to be kind to yourself if you slip up. Ramadan is a time of forgiveness and growth, so use this month to focus on becoming the best version of yourself.