Vacancy : HR Co-ordinator
Location : National – Based in CT
Contract : 6 months fixed term, with a view to permanent
Salary : R243900– R244900 pa
Islamic Relief South Africa is looking to recruit a HR Co-ordinator based at our Cape Town Head Office
This position coordinates all aspects of IRSA’s Human Resources activities and supports a broad range of disciplines including:
Payroll, Payroll Tax, Time and Attendance, Training and Development, Recruitment and Selection, Health and Safety, Insurance,
Industrial Relations, Organisational Policy, System Administration and act as an Employee Liaison to Senior Management.
The position reports to the Head of Department of Finance and Support services acting as a support function, and works closely with all other HOD’s.
The HR Coordinator works directly with all 3rd party vendors who provide products and systems used in our HR functions.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, the relevant Degree with a reputable tertiary institution and 3 – 5 years independent and generalist experience and an in depth understanding of the NGO environment.
- Have a good understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission.
- Proven ability to assess both group and individual needs.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organise; prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities; proven experience managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Proven ability to record information accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use a HR information system including, accessing, inputting, and compiling data.
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse group.
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
- Experience in leading and working effectively.
- Ability to write and present information.
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters.
- Experience in leading projects and implementing initiatives.
- Good emotional resilience & able to work under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to multitask.
- Demonstrate the flexibility and energy that is required for this important position.
Closing date: 31 August 2019
Download Application Form
If you are an honest, reliable, service-oriented, resilient, self-motivated networker and have an aspiration of serving humanity with your talents, then this job is for you.