Vacancy : Office Administrator/Receptionist
Location : Cape Town
Contract : 6 months fixed term, with a view to permanent
Salary : R132 000 per annum
|Purpose of Position|
|· To oversee and effectively manage all aspects of the national office to ensure that optimal efficiency and productivity within the daily running of the office environment.
· The Office Administrator is responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions
1. FINANCE MANAGEMENT
· Support finance Department in preparation of Financial Reports (i.e submit weekly bank and petty cash report)
· Ensure proper communication with HQ accounting department
· Prepare expense forecasts and ensure monthly follow up
· Keep update record of receipts & ensure to deposit these amounts in IRSA’s official account
· Receives all communication for the organisation, including e-mail, phone, fax and postal mail, and transfers it to the correct departments.
· Responsible for outgoing mail, forwarding and receiving of packages and maintains mailing or contacts lists.
· Distributes memos and reminders to the office team on behalf of a manager or Head of Department
· Receive and announce all guests and walk-in visitors in accordance with requirements and appointments
· Act as liaison for setting up appointments for senior managers if required
· Preparing correspondence and documentation including drafting and distribution of letters and emails
· Ensures all travel and other required administrative records are in place as per policy
· Manages the “petty cash” aspect within the office and is responsible for its administration and reconciliation
· Assists with all administrative tasks for the relevant office, as requested for by office team members.
· Handles all printing and email support for team members as required
4. PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS
· Assist with regional Request for Quotations, collect quotations and samples from suppliers for different goods and services required for projects and submit to Procurement and Logistics Coordinator for approval.
· Assist with develop and maintain list of regional suppliers for different goods and services
· Assist with preparing of tender documents for goods and services required for different projects of regional office
· Participate in regional Procurement Committee meeting, prepare minutes of meeting, keeping in view preparing and consolidating all the information required to Procurement Committee for quick and accurate decision making when required
· Prepare Comparative analysis of bids and maintain regional procurement files.
5. ORGANISATIONAL SUPPORT
· Acts as a link for all departments together for the smooth running of the office
· Arranges logistical support for office and field requirements.
· Maintains a database of suppliers and interacts with them regularly to build relationships in the best interest of the organisation
· Maintaining accurate records of staff whereabouts including leave register and arrangements
· Coordinating staff amenities and provisions
· Arranging full staff meetings and arranging agenda items
6. OFFICE MANAGEMENT
· Organizes office equipment maintenance, ensures that the office is clean and that each staff member has the necessary supplies in terms of stationery etc.
· Ensures that the office is cleaned and presentable in good order at all times
· Ensures that consumables are in store for the office
· Liaises with relevant senior managers to ensure that offices are well maintained and secure
· Handles most aspects with relation to office maintenance.
|· A bachelor degree from an accredited University with major course in Office Administration or Related field, including previous experiences of NGO Finance/administrator.
|Skills & Knowledge Required|
|· Excellent financial skills and analytical skills
· Experience in working independently
· Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
· Have good interpersonal and communication skills in order to maintain an acceptable working relations with stakeholders
· Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
· Flexible in working arrangements and adaptable to new (sometimes unstructured) and stress full working environments
· Ability to work in a team
· Competent in Advanced Excel.
· Should be good at multi-tasking
· Must pay attention to detail, concentration on all aspects of a finance task, and commitment to achieving quality results.
· Ability to work effectively in team environment
· Computer literate: highly proficient in the use of word processing software (MS Word), presentation software (MS PowerPoint), spreadsheet software (MS Excel), database software (MS Access), email software and knowledge management system.
· Confident and able to work on own initiative.
|Closing date: COB 6 March 2020
|Please forward a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 6 March 2020.
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month after the closing date.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.
Download Application Form