Location : Johannesburg
Contract : Six months fixed term with a view of renewal for a further 6 months
Reports to : Regional Programmes Manager
Salary : Negotiable
|Purpose of Position|
|The Project Manager will play a central role in ensuring that the main elements of the project are achieved in a timely and effective manner.|
|1. Project Management
– Ensure that the project is implemented according to plan from beginning to end and that
agreed objectives have been met.
– Ensure implementation of the agreed-upon funding proposal and revise the proposal and budget over time, if required, based on input and feedback from key stakeholders.
– Working closely with individuals and groups supporting the delivery of any activity, determine roles and responsibilities based on activity requirements and timeframes.
2. Financial Management and Controls
– Oversee the efficient administration of the project in terms of finances, consultant
contracts, keeping of records/minutes and other administrative tasks as required.
– Provide timely and high quality finance reports to the Line Manager on the results of the process.
3. Project Monitoring
– Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines and milestones to appropriate
– Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of the projects, ensuring effective Monitoring and Evaluation system.
– Conducting regular field visits to ensure effective implementation of projects activities.
– To provide Osizweni project quarterly and where required monthly narrative reports to the
IR programmes department.
– Develop regular projects updates and timely narrative activity reports, as required.
– Any other duties assigned by the Programmes head of department.
|Qualifications, Experience, and Skills|
|• Relevant University degree.
• Minimum of 3 years successful project management experience in the humanitarian field.
• Knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and
knowledge of humanitarian standards.
• Proven skills in leading, reporting, analysing and problem solving.
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
• Management skills, including strong teambuilding skills.
• Able to communicate verbally and written in English.
• Good Computer Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Ms. Project).
• Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
• Able to work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
• Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information
|Closing date: COB 12 July 2020|
|Please forward a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to [email protected] before the 12 July 2020.
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month after the closing date.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.
Download Application Form