A procurement officer plays an integral role in any organization. Execution of the role ensures that the organization makes sound decisions around the purchases of goods and procurement of services required to service the needs of the organization. The procurement and compliance officer is also responsible in overseeing the compliance of all relevant policies, laws and regulations. Working as a procurement and compliance officer comes with several ancillary duties that are integral to the organization’s success and upholding the good standing of the organization.
- To be able to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures conveying general awareness encompassing the various categories pertaining to procurement, including specialist areas as well as act as a baseline with respect to contractual obligations in law and multi -currency transactions.
- To establish reliable suppliers to supply goods & services. Ensure existing suppliers are providing the best products or services that are currently required, the criteria being the best value connection of availability, quality and at an acceptable price.
- Focus on building reputable relationships with suppliers, improving communication and forging enhanced relationships and establishing a Supplier Database on a National level.
- To ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of the supplier database with emphasis on ethical procurement and local suppliers.
- Be responsible for controlling Islamic Relief’s divisional and departmental purchasing activities: contractual and non –contractual, negotiating discounts, inviting tenders, preparing contracts, determining contract specifications, discuss solutions when terms of contract are broken with Procurement Committee and senior management (BEC).
- To establish and maintain appropriate procurement records and systems for measuring necessary aspects of the purchasing process pertaining to all individual purchases, stating items or services purchased, costs, product quality or performance and supplier information structured and filed in a logical functional order.
- To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote sound procurement practices with due priority to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and application of whole life costing where relevant.
- To engage with all departments in relation to procurement needs that have been communicated.
- Administration of BEC and procurement related meetings – initiating, chairing, recording of minutes and distribution of communications thereof.
- Ensuring accurate and successful delivery of goods and services from suppliers that have been engaged with per the procurement process.
- Facilitating communications when business tenders are applicable (see below).
Closing date:COB 7th December 2021
Please forward a copy of the completed application form(Download form), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to email@example.com before the before the 7th December 2021.
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please note that if you do not hear from us by17th December 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.