Key Roles, Responsibility and Accountabilities
1. The establishment of Orphan Sponsorship Programme in South Africa in line with IRW/IRSA
policies and procedures
2. Setup of department and start the sponsorship activities after consultation with the relevant
3. Prepare all progress reports of the Orphans Welfare Program and share with the Line Manager
as per the agreed process and deadlines.
4. Prepare the budget of the projects to share with the Line Manager.
5. Uploading orphans’ bio-data online for sponsorship.
6. Visiting the orphans in their homes in order to supervise any changes in their social life and to
collect the data.
7. Prepare the quarterly and annual reports of the Orphans Welfare Program.
8. Develop and present proposals relevant to orphan families to fulfill the objectives of the OSP.
9. To assist in the preparation of a field strategy with Head of programmes.
10. Coordinate with local and international NGOs and other official agencies to maximize the aims
and activities defined in the field strategy.
11. Be responsible for the creation and management of a team of volunteers and supervision of
their general welfare if this will be possible.
12. Responsible for all technical operations of Orphans Welfare Program activities including project
equipment, assets and records.
13. Writing Orphans Case Studies to support in the marketing and fundraising for the OSP.
14. Maintain projects files and documentation, including individual orphan files with key
documentation according to IRW/IRSA policies.
15. Performs any other duties as and when required by the management.
Orphan’s Unit Level
1. To lead on the development, implementation and regular review of the Orphan’s Unit
strategy, work plans, and systems ensuring that:
- The orphan unit’s objectives are monitored and achieved on the basis of KPIs.
- The efficient planning and management of the orphan unit’s work.
- The orphan unit is appropriately staffed to achieve its objectives.
- That the orphan unit continuously analyses and adapts to the risks posed by both internal
and external changing environments.
- Sound financial and resource management.
- Assure the quality of programmes and services.
- That all reporting requirements and obligations are met.
- Identify and develop new programmes that can help Orphans and children as required.
2. To ensure that the orphan unit’s activities are:
- In line with Partner, Donor and Field Structure needs and requirements,
- Developed and managed in a way that minimises organisational risk,
- In line with the broader organisational strategy and various codes of conduct that
IRW/IRSA is committed to.
3. To ensure staff performance, development and satisfaction in the orphan unit’s by:
- Managing issues of employee relations in coordination with the personnel.
- Effectively line managing orphan units’ staff.
- Monitoring and improving staff performance through regular one-to-one andorphan unit’s meetings, periodic reviews and appraisals and enforcement of staff development plans.
- Leading, facilitating and encouraging team work and orphan unit’s communication.