We will be facilitating Qurbani in countries where we know your donations will make the most difference
You can make payments right up until the end of third day after Eid (13th of Dhu’l-Hijjah) before Maghrib.
Alhamdulillah, last year with your love and support, over 3.5 million people from 33 different countries received fresh and quality Qurbani meat.
We make sure the most impoverished people receive the best Qurbani we can provide them. We select only the healthiest animals, ensuring high quality meat for those whose diets lack so much.
We try to help the most vulnerable people first – women, children, the elderly, and refugees of war and disaster are always our priority.
Give your Qurbani donation today. The prices are for a goat, sheep, or 1/7th of a cow (depending on country).
We have already purchased healthy animals for Qurbani. With your sacrifice, we can distribute Qurbani meat to those who need it most, both here in South Africa and around the world.
Our Qurbanis are performed inside multiple countries, ensuring that the local farmers benefit and millions of people enjoy locally produced fresh meat.
Our comprehensive international Qurbani programme extends to 33 countries around the world, reaching over 3.5 million people in need last year.
Weight and number of families served are calculations based on approximations, and may vary during specific distributions.
Why Choose Islamic Relief for your Qurbani
- Islamic Relief is the largest faith based organisation in the world, distributing the highest number of Qurbanis than any other organisation.
- Islamic Relief has operations in over 40 countries worldwide providing access to beneficiaries all year round even those in more remote areas, and a greater understanding of their needs and preferences. It also allows Islamic Relief to be in full control of its Qurbani programme to ensure that it is implemented to the highest standard, whilst offering a greater choice of countries to donors.
- Islamic Relief serves its beneficiaries based on needs over what saves costs.
- Islamic Relief has been awarded the Core Humanitarian Standards certification (a high-level international standard of practice) – the only Muslim charity and the 10th in the world to receive it.
- During the project design and implementation process, international humanitarian standards are adhered to, to ensure the projects are of the highest quality and meet objective standards. The Sphere Standards are used to ensure the programme complies and fulfils best practice set out within the humanitarian community
- The type of meat provided is appropriate and acceptable to recipients so that they can be used efficiently and effectively at the household level.
- Qurbani meat is either distributed fresh or in a chilled state within days of being slaughtered. In cases where the meat is distributed over distances, the meat is packed hygienically, chilled and then transported in refrigerated vehicles.
- A robust supply chain management system is in place with a transparent, fair and open procurement procedure employed to invite tenders.
- The Qurbani Meat Packs are targeted to ensure timely, responsive and safe distribution in a manner respecting the dignity and local customs of beneficiaries.