Islamic Relief has been providing relief to Syrians since the start of the conflict, working both inside Syria and with refugees in neighbouring countries Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq.
Furthermore our #WithSyria campaign has focused on raising awareness and drawing support from the Muslim community as well as lobbying the UK government to do more for those suffering due to the crisis.
Islamic Relief urges the UK Government to:
• Exert pressure on all parties to build on the political will behind the ceasefire in order to protect and extend humanitarian corridors in besieged areas.
• Call on all parties to the conflict to end attacks on civilian targets in violation of humanitarian law, including homes, schools and medical facilities.
• Provide more support to aid agencies assisting newly displaced people along the Turkish border.
• Sustain long-term funding for Syria’s neighbours to meet the needs of Syrian refugees and their own populations.
• Convene a summit to bring banks, charities and the British Bankers Association together to further clarify counter-terror regulations and encourage banks to re-engage with humanitarian organisations operating in conflict zones.
To help with our advocacy and campaigns work around Syria please contact: Maiya.Rahman@islamic-relief.org.uk