1. PROGRAMMES DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Keep an up to-date overview of, and manage all operational matters in the regional
- Ensure that the quality of proposals and budgets fit into the overall country and regional
strategy and that all parties involved understand this need.
- Assist field offices to produce high-quality project proposals for funding from both IR and
institutional donors through field visits, etc
- Actively identify potential institutional funding and link up field offices to institutional donors
and support in securing funding on behalf of the country programme where necessary
2. LEADING, MANAGING AND DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
- In conjunction with the HOD of Programmes, manage, lead and develop several key staff to ensure the effective management and delivery of work in country including persons responsible for administration, finance and programmes.
- Ensuring that staff in country carries out the implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes.
- Ensure field work on the ground takes place within IRSA and IRW guidelines.
3. PLANNING & BUDGETING
- Participate in the development of country and regional strategy and in policy development
- Draw up and monitor annual action plans and business plans with the HOD of Programmes
4. REPORTING, ANALYSIS, INNOVATIVE THINKING & PROBLEM-SOLVING
- Follow up with the field to ensure that donors and partners reports are submitted on time
and in the correct format.
- Analyse budgets to ensure value for money and ensure that programme support cost remain
reasonable within the relevant region and as per the project.
- Resolve or refer challenges to programme delivery
- Anticipates future requirements and development needs per region and field requirement.
- Collate and compile reports and produce data which feed into the reporting structure for the
Programmes department of IRSA
- Network, advocate and build relationships with people with similar roles/ positions in NGOs
- Work closely with the media department to ensure that the Field Office’s information in internet and websites are up to date (project profiles, case studies, photos, desk filing systems and archiving of documents and reports)
- Spearhead fundraising efforts to market projects both within Islamic Relief Partners and externally (in coordination with Islamic Relief fundraising mechanisms).
6. MONITORING AND EVALUATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Undertake monitoring and assessment field visits to ensure programmes are implemented
as proposed, contracted and per guidelines and standards
- Undertake field visits to support and facilitate quarterly and annual programme and project reviews and lesson learned workshops to ensure programmes are progressing well, delivering the planned outputs and are having the necessary impact.
- Monitor administrative systems including quality management activities to ensure field offices are operating to IRW and IRSA policies and standards
- Conduct risk assessments as per area and field
- Ensure field programme evaluations are externally audited (by M&E) and necessary actions followed up on
- Travel and spend time within the field for 60% of the year.
- Carry out, where possible, any other duties that is in line with the job purpose as requested by the line-manager.
- Continuously monitor programmes within relevant areas of work, and advocate for
establishing sustainable projects for the benefit of less fortunate communities.
Closing date: COB 11th June 2021
Please forward a copy of the completed application form (Download form), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to [email protected] before the 11th June 2021..
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month after the
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.