Scope and Authority :
- Recruit, co-ordinate and supervise volunteers and volunteer groups within the
- Take a volunteer-led approach in ensuring the effective delivery of fundraising
activities and events locally
- Actively recruit, account manage and develop a growing number of prospects
interested in developing into Islamic Relief committed supporters.
- Working across all teams to ensure the adequate management of existing
community fundraising prospects to ensure Islamic Relief is developing a strong
base of holistic support from the new and existing groups.
- To ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally to deliver
budgets, targets and income in line with regional plans and strategies.
- Recruit and work with individuals within the community who actively fundraise for
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with
Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of
his/her colleagues and staff. The following are the main responsibilities that the role
holder will be accountable for:
Plan and deliver fundraising initiatives at the local level
- Maintain existing donor relationships and partnerships with a focus on an
allocated area within the region
- Explore and develop new relationships and partnerships with the goal of widening
the community outreach and increasing the number of new donors to Islamic
- Manage the stakeholder relationships by holding regular meetings, providing
feedback on donations and exploring what Islamic Relief can offer them
- Manage mosque and community relation
- Organizing Jummah or Taraweeh collections for campaigns.
- Distribute material for specific campaigns at mosques and other gatherings
(Ramadan, Qurbani, Emergencies)
- Set up fundraisers at mosques and in the community to raise funds and
- Meet fundraising targets and ensure return on investment is met with individuals
and/or networks we partner with
- Provide fundraising support to stakeholders working with Islamic Relief
- Respond to fundraising and other enquiries in relation to regional activities
- Utilise personal social media platforms to promote Islamic Relief messaging,
campaigns, activities and appeals
Organise and coordinate fundraising and promotional events in the region.
- Ensuring that local fundraising events, activities and collections etc (including
outreach collections) run effectively and are well planned, marketed and
- Leverage with relationships held to sell tickets in region ensuring their success
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of national events when required.
- Attend, promote & raise funds for Islamic Relief at any event organised by third
- Draw up and implement regional plans
- Draw up and implement regional annual/ campaign/activity plans with line
managers according to agreed objectives and budgets
- Coordinate plans with other key personnel and volunteers.
- Anticipate and overcome potential problems.
- Develop strong volunteer networks nationally
- Build a regional volunteer team by recruiting, training and managing members
- Lead the regional volunteer team in planning and executing grass roots
- Ensure all volunteers working with Islamic Relief are properly registered, inducted,
trained and developed.
- Lead regional volunteer team in executing larger IR events, challenges and tours
- Assist with any fundraising activities taking place in the region
- Lead volunteer team to promote and obtain attendance at or with all IR
fundraising events and initiatives
- Attend and network at local and IR events to build relationships, recruit for new
- Maintain and update a volunteer database for your area of work.
- Fulfil administrative duties in relation to responsibilities.
- Maintain an organised and accessible filing and documentation system.
- Fulfil all obligations with regard to the taking and processing of donations.
- Ensure relevant reports are completed within agreed time frames
- Attend events & meetings and ensure actions are followed up
- To participate in events & meetings requested by the line manager and others
associated with the work above
- To ensure that decisions from any meetings or discussions are followed up
- Ensure Communication procedures are established and adhered to
- Respond to local enquiries from supporters and institutions about IR’s work.
- Liaise with management as required.
- Communicate performance with line manager.
- To ensure regular reporting on activities, campaigns and produce an end of year
General Duties of Islamic Relief Staff Member
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of Islamic Relief as appropriate
- Participate, as appropriate, in Staff forums and Meetings
- Adhere to Islamic Relief’s Policies and Procedures
- Represent Islamic Relief to the wider community as appropriate
- Treat all colleagues, volunteers and members of the public with dignity and work
within and adhere to Islamic Relief’s equal opportunities statement and polices.
- Ensure professionalism and credibility at all times
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate by manager within the scope of the role
- Tertiary qualification/s in relevant & related discipline
- Some voluntary or professional fundraising experience
Skills & Knowledge Required
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with the
Islamic Values and principles as well as commitment to IRSA’s vision and mission.
- Current driving licence
- Significant voluntary or professional fundraising experience
- Delivery of outcomes through others – peers, volunteers or staff – in a
professional or voluntary context
- Understanding of the motivational and management needs of volunteers
- Working understanding of the legal requirements affecting community based
- Broad understanding of fundraising techniques and the specific value, role and
techniques utilised within Community Fundraising activity
- Able to work outside an office environment and manage remote relationships
- Budgeting and use of KPIs to monitor and manage financial performance
- Elements of fundraising feasibility assessment required to make informed
decisions on ideas/concepts
- Use of Microsoft Office, data bases and internet to deliver business goals
- Understanding of equalities and diversity and how it affects this role, the
organisation and volunteers/supporters.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively both
verbally and in writing as well as build relationships with people of all
backgrounds, levels and settings including business, social and educational
- Able to motivate others, mentor and coach them in goal delivery
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with ability to engage and inspire a
wide range of audiences
- Ability to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate plans in a cycle of
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands, delegate,
organise and plan time effectively
- Initiative – ability to formulate own ideas and action plans. Implementing own
initiatives and those of others to achieve organisational objectives.
- Resilient and solution focussed – able to deal positively with setbacks, identify
and implement solutions to difficulties
- Entrepreneurial and creative – able to identity and seize opportunities, based on
insight and rational assessment.
- Work to established and develop systems for tracking and monitoring progress
of events and projects.
- Work flexibly to support section priorities and to maximise opportunities
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Use information technology systems and packages within a work environment
that will assist with this role.
- Willingness to be flexible about hours and location of work in order to
accommodate events, functions and work activity. The role requires travel
throughout region, late nights and overnight stays.