Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is a member of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), a UK based
international relief and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world’s poorest people.
Position Title : Digital Designer
Organization : Islamic Relief South Africa
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Reports to : Content Creation Coordinator
Purpose of Position
The specific details of a junior designer’s role will vary depending on the role, but common activities include:
- Recognized Degree at a reputable institution in Design and/or a relevant study with similar outputs.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of professional experience in similar position with demonstrated experience within a fast paced marketing and creative design environment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite packages, including InDesign, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash and CSS.
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- HOD for Communications
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Marketing Co-ordinator
- Digital Content Writer
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Some creative industry experience
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- A background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
Key Islamic Relief Qualities Required
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IR’s vision and mission as per below:
- Excellence (Ihsan): Our actions in tackling poverty are marked by excellence in our operations and conduct which are deserving of the people we serve.
- Sincerity (Ikhlas): In responding to poverty and suffering our efforts are driven by sincerity to God and the need to fulfil our obligations to humanity
- Social Justice (Adl): Our work is founded on enabling people and institutions to fulfil the rights of the poor and vulnerable. We work to empower the dispossessed towards realising their God-given human potential and developing their capabilities and resources.
- Compassion (Rahma): We believe the protection and well-being of every life is of paramount importance and we shall join with other humanitarian actors to act as one in responding to suffering brought on by disasters, poverty and injustice.
- Custodianship (Amana): We uphold our duty of custodianship over the earth, its resources and the trust people place in us as humanitarian and development practitioners to be transparent and accountable.
Closing date: COB 2nd December 2022
Please forward a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to recruitment@islamic- relief.org.za before the 2nd December 2022.
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please note that if you do not hear from us by 9th December 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.