Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is a member of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), a UK based international relief and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world’s poorest people.
Position Title : Digital Content Creator Organization : Islamic Relief South Africa Location : Cape Town, South Africa Contract : One-year fixed contract Reports to : Content Creation Coordinator
Purpose of Position
The specific details of a digital intern’s role will include:
Routine content creation includes the following:
- Arrange weekly media plans to produce engaging stories about Islamic Relief Local work in different regions in SA and neighbouring countries.
- Work closely with the web development team to enhance Islamic Relief’s website content.
- Manage Islamic Relief South Africa’s YouTube channel and produce relevant stories to enhance the brand and marketing aspect of the organisation.
- Cover all Islamic Relief Local events and projects, produce engaging stories and share on the relevant platforms including, website, social media and IR Digital.
- Recognized Degree at a reputable institution in Digital Content Creation.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of professional experience in similar position with demonstrated experience within a fast-paced marketing and creative design environment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite packages, including InDesign, Photoshop, Aftereffects, Premier Pro, Illustrator, Flash and CSS.
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Some creative industry experiences
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- A background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- Ability to use cameras, microphones lighting systems to take good pictures, and record videos of various activities.
- Ability to produce video content using Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to tell stories through different media tools; designs, posters, carousel.
Key personal qualities
- A genuine passion for storytelling using visual tools.
- Committed to Islamic Relief’s values, upholding the highest standards in conduct and journalistic and ethical standards
- Creative and inspiring thinker keen to share and implement ideas for impactful communications and able to overcome setbacks and motivate others
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient in day-to-day working and confident in solving problems with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Willingness to occasionally work unsociable hours, including some weekends, to respond to urgent needs such as unfolding humanitarian emergencies
- Willingness and ability to travel to Islamic Relief family and field offices in South Africa and around the world, and potentially to disaster zones, in order to gather content
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain composure – acting in a calm and measured way, in difficult situations
- A strategic mindset, focused on results and continuous improvement
Key Islamic Relief Qualities Required
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IR’s vision and mission as per below:
- Excellence (Ihsan): Our actions in tackling poverty are marked by excellence in our operations and conduct which are deserving of the people we serve.
- Sincerity (Ikhlas): In responding to poverty and suffering our efforts are driven by sincerity to God and the need to fulfil our obligations to humanity
- Social Justice (Adl): Our work is founded on enabling people and institutions to fulfil the rights of the poor and vulnerable. We work to empower the dispossessed towards realising their God- given human potential and developing their capabilities and resources.
- Compassion (Rahma): We believe the protection and well-being of every life is of paramount importance and we shall join with other humanitarian actors to act as one in responding to suffering brought on by disasters, poverty and injustice.
- Custodianship (Amana): We uphold our duty of custodianship over the earth, its resources and the trust people place in us as humanitarian and development practitioners to be transparent and accountable.
Closing date: COB 6th January 2023
Please forward a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to recruitment@islamic- relief.org.za before the 6th January 2023.
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please note that if you do not hear from us by 20th January 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.