Islamic Relief Jobs
We are an independently registered NGO affiliated to Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), the world’s largest, independent Muslim humanitarian organisation.
Islamic Relief’s mission is to help the poor and those in need regardless of race, colour, political affiliation, gender or belief to live sustainable, self-reliant lives within safe and caring communities.
VACANCY ALERT: HR PARTNER
Job Title: Human Resources Partner
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Islamic Relief South Africa is recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Partner to offer a complete HR service to the organisation. The HR Partner will work closely with the CEO and management team to provide strategic guidance in supporting the HR activities of the organisation.
Labour and Industrial Relations
- Ensure compliance with the latest legislation changes and best practice
- Chairing of disciplinary hearings and appeals, counselling sessions, leading grievance processes and supporting line managers in disciplinary processes
- Manage exit process of employees
- Manage conflict and all relevant employee relations.
- CCMA representation if required
Recruitment and Selection
- Co-ordinate Recruitment, Selection and Induction within the organisation
- Manage and facilitate the performance management process internally and offer support where required
- Responding to all HR related queries
- Maintaining Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Absence, Family Responsibility and staff movement
Policy and systems design
- Ensure consistent and uniform implementation of HR policies and procedures across the organisation
- Ensure all staff are informed of policies and procedures, and changes are communicated timeously
Administrative and related duties
- Develop and submit all relevant payroll information to finance timeously
- Ensure that personnel files (both hard copy and electronic) are maintained and updated regularly for all IRSA staff
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the CEO
- Payroll processing using VIP Payroll
- Compilation of HR reports where needed
- Reviewing and the implementation of policies and procedures
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in HR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or equivalent
- Understanding of Labour Law in South Africa
- Strong commitment to IR values and mission
- Computer literate (MS Office, Sage VIP)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and sensitive to confidential information
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
If you are service minded, resilient and a highly motivated and professional individual who identifies with IRSA’s values and mission, please apply by downloading the application form from our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org.za and email to Recruitment@islamic-relief.org.za
Application Closing Date: 22 September 2017.
Regret: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. IRSA reserves the right to withdraw vacancies.
Download Application: HR Application